Versión en español Go to Homepage

Paradinas

The early sixteenth-century gothic plan church of Paradinas is a large and grandiose structure with three naves separated by columns and topped with four sections of ceiling, of which only the ojival arches of the chancel are original. There is an eighteenth-century altarpiece in the apse. There is also a thirteenth-century figure of the Virgin offering a fruit to the Child, and several crosses and reliquaries. In this town, there is as well a fifteenth-century palace, which was later given a military form and style which, as such, is considered to be one of the best examples of civil architecture in Segovia. Its ashlar, brick and cob wall construction is coated type of plaster that is typical of Segovia. The main façade has three balconies, a coat-of-arms with the arms of the Osorio de Virués lineage, and a main entrance door with a drop-arch above, and four small cylindrical watchtowers. It was in this palace, in the year 1520 and against the wishes of its owner, that the comunero Juan de Padilla consolidated his power.

Reference Guide

SANZ HERNANDEZ C. B.

Agricultural and livestock farming services

Molino, 6
40123 - Paradinas

   

© AYUNTAMIENTO DE SANTA MARÍA LA REAL DE NIEVA · SEGOVIA